The British summer has begun and the sun is shining (sometimes). If that means you can’t use your conservatory because it’s baking hot inside then read on.
Many properties are short on living space and a conservatory seems the ideal solution, with several styles to choose from it can certainly look good on most houses.
However a common complaint is that conservatories can be too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter months.
But with the right choice of glass, your conservatory can be a natural extension to your home, providing usable, extra living space to be enjoyed all year round.
At Morley Glass & Glazing we recommend SGG PLANITHERM 4S for conservatory wall glazing as it combines solar control and thermal insulating properties, to provide a comfortable year round environment, enabling you to get the most out of your conservatory whatever the weather.
SGG PLANITHERM 4S can save you money on your energy bills too. The thermal insulating properties mean you will use less energy to heat your conservatory to the desired temperature. The energy cost reduction can be as much as 28%.
Keep cooler in summer…
The SGG PLANITHERM 4S glass for conservatory side walls is combined with SGG BIOCLEAN AQUA solar control roof glass for outstanding thermal efficiency and solar control.
When used in conservatory side walls, SGG PLANITHERM 4S:
- Provides excellent levels of solar protection for conservatory side walls, reflecting unwanted heat by up to 56%
- Reduces excessive heat build-up compared to standard glazing*
- Has an attractive neutral appearance giving you a clear view of your surroundings.
*(please note: this product does not eliminate the need for natural ventilation to prevent overheating)
Keep warmer in winter…
SGG PLANITHERM 4S conservatory wall glass:
- Provides unbeatable thermal insulation, reflecting heat back into the room and reducing heat loss more effectively than traditional low-emissivity glass products
- 63% less heat loss compared to ordinary double-glazing
- Increases energy efficiency by retaining more heat in the room
- Reduces your heating bills
- Reduces the environmental impact of excess energy production
- Maximises the amount of natural daylight coming in to your home, especially important during the darker winter months
- Reduces cold spots and draughts
- Virtually eliminates internal condensation.
SGG PLANITHERM 4S is designed for use in double glazing applications, in all frame types for both residential new-build and replacement markets.